Thursday, April 15, 2010

Ebbs and Flows...


My dear Blog friends:

How are you? All doing well and Living STRONG, I hope! Things here on my end of the cyber-sphere are good. I have not been posting but that is because I have been Swimming, Biking, Running, Working and Volunteering a lot these days.

Blogging (as you already know...) has fallen by the wayside. Oh yes, I confess, I have time to post a little something to my FACEBOOK wall almost daily but random thoughts are much easier to do than writing a blog post. At least, that is how I have felt about it these days.

I have come to learn that my blogging "ebbs and flows" like the tide. Frequency varies based on race reports and big life changes. After all, I started this blog when I was diagnosed with Cancer back in 2005 as a way to keep my friends and family updated and a way to keep my sanity in check. In fact, this blog started in April 2005 so I have a "Blog-o-versary" coming up.

More importantly, my first WEDDING ANNIVERSARY is coming up this weekend! I have a hard time believing how quickly the last 12 months flew by. This time, last year, I was running all sorts of wedding errands and my entire family had just arrived in Jackson, MS for the wedding weekend. My how time flies...

The SPRING 2010 CANCER to 5K program is going well. With a full team of 15 runners - both local and "out-of-state" - things are very busy! We recently had a great fundraiser event "COLORS OF EMOTIONS" and the show is still on display through the month of April. If your local, you should come by and see it.

If you want to make a donation to the CANCER to 5K program, you can DONATE HERE. All money raised through my Team FIGHT Page goes directly to CANCER to 5K!

Training with TEAM Z is underway! My goals keep changing somewhat. I have learned that for me BIG GOALS are a great motivator when it comes to working out regularly. Unfortunately a Half Ironman in the Fall doesn't scare me so it is taking more effort to not skip workouts. So I set a NEW GOAL for myself and am focusing on an OLD GOAL again.

NEW GOAL: To move up 2 lanes in Team Z Swim Practice by the end of the 2010 season

OLD GOAL - REVISITED: To reach my overall goal weight by losing 65 pounds.

Both the NEW GOAL and the OLD GOAL will be very effective in keeping my training *on target* because in order to move up 2 lanes in the pool, I need to keep swimming AND in order to lose those last 65 pounds, I need to be consistent in my training/workout and focus on continuing to "eat cleaner." (yet another goal that I set for myself early in 2010)

Ebbs and Flows....Old and New...Funny how it all comes back around.

I'm not gone - just blogging less and posting more on DAILY MILE and FACEBOOK but with the TRI season just around the corner for me (my first race is Kinetic Sprint on May 8th) - the race reports are on their way...

Hope you are all having a good SPRING and enjoying all that life has to offer you. Time moves so quickly, don't let it pass without taking time to do what you love and tell those you care about that you love them!

Life IS GOOD! Keep Living STRONG!

2 comments:

SideofSneakers.com said...

Happy (almost) wedding anniversary!! :)

Kristine said...

Hi,
just wanted to let you know I really enjoyed reading your blog and I've certainly been more motivated to get out and run and the cycling will soon follow.
Happy Anniversary and I can't believe it's been a year either since I just read about it last week:)
Thanks for keeping me entertained when I should be working. lol