Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Summer is here: ALLEZ, ALLEZ, ALLEZ!

I looked at my husband last night and said "Le Tour starts on Saturday?"

Summer is officially here and Le Tour de France could not come soon enough because I needed a visual *kick in the pants* to get me going...

ALLEZ, ALLEZ, ALLEZ!! (GO, GO, GO!)

On the Race Horizon:
Independence 5000 (5K) for FUN!
This Friday night with some good friends

Mussleman Weekend with Team Z
Just a Utra-Sprint and Sprint TRI for me then I will cheer on my Team Z peeps as they go long at the Musselman Half (70.3)

IronGIRL Columbia TRI in August with Team FIGHT and Heather!

Savageman Half in September with Team Shoemaker.
Plans are currently to CRUSH our combined time from last season and move up several places in our division!

Beach2Battleship Half (70.3) in November to wrap up the season.
Focusing on this fast, flat course to net a solid PR for the Half Ironman distance.

On the NEW BIKE challenge: Slow, SLOW start but a start none the less! I am 5 pounds down with 35 pounds to go. I'll start shopping in late August...

The biggest challenge Day-to-Day is still finding "balance" in my life.
I'm figuring it out slowly, just like everybody else. Ironically, I have learned that without some "big scary, seemingly impossible challenge" on my plate - (Fighting Cancer, Finishing an Ironman, Planning a Wedding (not scary but a big challenge! LOL), Launching a Running Program - I loose focus and tend to just flit from thing to thing. That has been a bit of an eye-opener for me now that my life has much less drama in it.. for which I am VERY THANKFUL!

So in honor of Le Tour de France 2010, I will spend the next 28 days moving my body (training), racing, working, living - in general - finding some balance and keeping my eyes on the horizon ahead - because you never know what is just around the corner!

ALLEZ, ALLEZ, ALLEZ!

Life is Good! LiveSTRONG!

No comments: