Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Happiest Place on Earth...

First off, THANK YOU to everybody who has reached out to me both on-line and off-line with words of support and comfort or to share your own experiences dealing with depression to let me know that I am not alone.  I appreciate it very much.

Just the act of acknowledging and writing about my feelings took away some of the pain and released some of the anxiety. I know that it is going to take some time and effort to break the cycle of comfort eating and find ways to manage my emotions and work through them. I'm feeling like it is not such an "impossible task" right now and that is a welcome feeling.

But first, I have the pleasure of being able to spend the next week with my immediate family in "the happiest place on earth" aka Walt Disney World.  I get to enjoy the wonder of the Magic Kingdom through the eyes of my nephews for their first time...I get to spend time with my parents, sisters, husband and brother-in-law...I get to celebrate my Mom's 60th Birthday (belated) and one of my Nephew's 5th Birthday...and there is no place that I would rather be right now than with my family that loves me, unconditionally.

I'm going to Disney World to relax, to laugh, to get sprinkled in Pixie Dust and find a little JOY...it wont be hard to find, especially with my family by my side.

Today, Life is GOOD. LiveSTRONG!

No comments: