Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Ironman Florida Vacation Pictures

If it seems I have been absent these last few weeks of November, it is because I have been taking a much needed break in general. The weeks leading up to the Ulman Race, Cancer to 5K Fall program's end and the Marine Corps Marathon took alot out of me and I need some time to unwind.

Part of the RX for unwinding included a little 5-day trip down to Panama City Beach, FL in the first weekend of November. We went down to cheer on Linae to her IRONMAN glory! There were some *rumors* that I was going to sign up for IMFL 2008 but my right shoulder is currently in rehab so that rumor never came to pass...for this Ironman race, anyway....

Here are some pictures! I hope you can enjoy them as much as Jim and I enjoyed the mini-vacation! Spectating a full IRONMAN race is a long day but definately worth it! The inspiration you come away with could last you the entire cold, dreary winter (at least that is what we are hoping!)

Once again a heartfelt CONGRATULATIONS TO Linae for ROCKING her first IRONMAN in a finish of 14:19:15!! We were thrilled to witness your TRIUMPH in person!

Ironman Florida, Nov 3, 2007

The swim....

Linea, heading into T1 - a swim PR!
"Find your Happy Pace..."

Holly & Debbie cheering folks into T2...

Jim & Shawn cheering folks into T2...More CowBell!

Sunset on Ironman Florida...

Linae at special needs, mile 13.1 of the Marathon!

Shawn, Mollie and Debbie awaiting Linae's finish!

Linae, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!

Second sunset, the day after IM Florida...

DR. IRONMAN (aka Linae) debuts her guitar playing for a select crowd...


Linae & Shawn..."After 9 shots of Jose Quervo..."
(that was the song they were singing, not that many shots themselves...)

Holiday Inn Sunspree - the view from our pool....

The view of the pool....


After calm seas on race day... this was the Gulf just two days later....

Run AWAY from the waves.....

1 comment:

*marathonmama* said...

aww she looks so happy in the finishing photo! it makes me want to happy cry and i don't even know her!! Great photos as always sister!

p.s. this is heather. Why, for the life of me, i can never remember my screenname or password to sign in is beside me, so i've made ANOTHER new one, hahaha