Thursday, February 14, 2008

Hi, my name is Holly ...



I heard the news today. It came out of nowhere.
I wish I could run away,
but where would I go?
Is this my destiny? Something so unfair... What will become of me?
God only knows.

And they say the road to heaven might lead us back through hell.
Maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow, we will win this fight and bury this sorrow.
We're so alive, still holding on, not ready to die, 
so we LIVESTRONG

- lyrics from the song LiveSTRONG by WIDE AWAKE
--------------------------------------------------------------

Today I celebrate 
THREE YEARS OF SURVIVORSHIP!


Three years ago today, I was diagnosed with metastic Nodular Melanoma.


Today I live with No Evidence of Disease.


TODAY is a GOOD DAY!



LIVESTRONG!

4 comments:

Carver said...

Go Holly, Great photographs of you living strong! Three years is such a milestone. Our dates are right around the same time. Both stage three, both nodular melanoma, and both still HERE. I guess that sort of makes us NED sisters. Have a great day, Carver

shawnclark8 said...

Congrats Holly on your 3 years. I lost my father and brother to cancer and currently a very close friend is fighting her battle as well. It gives me hope every time I see a survivor story, post, or snippet.

Thanks for all you do

- Shawn

*jeanne* said...

Yay yay yay yay yay!
You are awesome
an inspiration
brave and determined
creative and supportive
a human being that makes me believe we "naked apes" maybe are worth something after all.
I am proud to know you.

Mel said...

Holly,
I miss you. I love you. Happy day. Just because you're here!
Mel