Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Rewards...

One of my goals for 2008 is to slowly, sanely lose some of this extra weight that I put on over the last 3 years.  It has required FOCUS and discipline and alot of paying attention to serving sizes.  And you know what?  It is working...

As of today, I have lost 5 pounds!

I am a big fan of REWARDS...and while I know that every pound that I lose this year will TRANSLATE into FREE SPEED later in the racing season, I wanted something that I could touch and feel and enjoy.   I also wanted something that would continue to encourage healthy eating and my love all things TRI. (swim, bike, run...)

So I bought myself a beautiful new "sun-safe" cycling jersey for this spring/summer.  It's officially at Cannondale Geo Swirl Summerweight Jersey and it looks alot like a creamsicle 

HOWEVER this jersey will encourage me to BURN 100 calories as opposed to it's cool, creamy popsicle friend which, while very tasty, really doesn't qualify as a good REWARD for weight loss.  Even if it would indeed keep me cool on a hot summer day!

Work hard, Set Goals, Reward Your Efforts and of course.... 
Live STRONG!

3 comments:

Nancy Toby said...

Oooh, very pretty! I love it!

Stef0115 said...

OMG I love this. This is hands down the "awesomest" cycling jersey I have seen. I need to set up something to reward myself with one. Thanks for posting this.

I've been lurking on your blog for awhile. Best of luck with everything and great job at Disney! Love the finishers medal.

triguyjt said...

kinda has a slimming effect kinda look to it... you think???