Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Antibiotics and a Cane

So my fears were laid to rest ... I have a typcial sinus infection and the doctor gave me some antibiotics and I am already feeling much better!

My calf is in fact torn. So I am supposed to be taking it easy and letting it heal. My Docs best guess was 4-6 weeks and then if I can gently stretch with no pain, I can start walking and work my way back to running.

So in review: It's not cancer but my thinking it "might be cancer" is a normal response based on the last 16 months AND I am going to have some visable triceps by the end of this 4-6 week period. Can't work the lower body .. I'll work the upper body.

LESSON FOR THE DAY: STRETCH GENTLY AND OFTEN after you runs ... and you won't rip your muscles.

Live STRONG!

5 comments:

nancytoby said...

Ouch! Heal fast and you'll be back out there soon!!

GatorJamie said...

Eeeyikes. Seems like you and I have parallel lives. I hear ya about fearing C anytime anything goes wrong. I don't wanna be a hypochondriac, but I hie my tail to check anything out that doesn't seem right. Including that lump that turned out to be nothing.

And although I don't have a torn calf, I have finally decided to do something about chronic exetional compartment syndrome, which I've thought of as "high-ankle pain" for a couple of years now. I'm having a bilateral fasciotomy on Friday.

You with your cane, me on my crutches, both with night sweats.

Hope you heal quickly!

Jamie

Flatman said...

Get better, sis! How about a pic of you with that cane?? ;)

kerihadley said...

no just remember, when the cane catches the cat's tail, you won't realize it until it's too late.
mmeeooooowwww.
just passing on my own experiences.

Peter said...

It just goes to show how highly we are sensitised to anything remotely resembling cancer! I have just completed a post on my paranoia about a few small spots...

Look after yourself, and don't take any chances!