Tuesday, June 26, 2007

In the wee small hours of the morning....

The heat and humidity have me rising *MUCH* earlier than I could ever possibly imagine in order to get my daily runs in. As I slipped into my running shoes this morning, pre-sunrise, I wondered how Wallace and Grommette could possibly be wide-awake and excited at the fact that I was already downstairs.

My iPOD Nano and I stepped out the door into the 70F degree heat and low humidity and off we went for a 5K run.

My neighborhood is very quite at 5AM...but by the time I reached the bottom of my climb home, at mile 2.8 - there were already so many cars rolling down the streets. I guess I shouldn't be all that surprised. There is not much quiet time here in the hubub of the Nation's Capitol, even in the suburbs...

Still, now it is 95F and they are predicting thunderstorms for the evening, so I made the right choice.

Too bad my body keeps insisting I rest my head on my desk for a few moments, inspite of the fact that I am *at work*...

My thoughts: 5AM IS STILL TOO EARLY but I guess it beats running in the heat of the day! Maybe I should reconsider that 5AM masters swim group at the gym...

Life is Good...Live STRONG!

2 comments:

Carver said...

Hi Holly,

You are inspiring me to make myself get up earlier. I am having trouble with my attempts to stop using the heat and humidity as an excuse to blow off my exercise walk. When I used to run I always got out just before sunrise in the summer and you reminded me that I need to start doing that. Can't remember if I told you that I loved the video your sister did of the triathalon you were in. Cheers, Carver

Laurie Ann said...

Holly - Just read your account of the Eagleman. Wow, wow, and wow! I just did a sprint tri and the swim is just creaming me. And that's only 1/4 mile! Ouch! Good job!