Friday, March 28, 2008

And another one down, another one bites the dust...

Yet another year and yet another round of CT Scans are over. They added a new one to the list ...throat (soft tissue). I guess that is in honor of my recent Thyroid Nodule.

All I can say is if you ever have to get a CT Scan with Contrast - skip the apple juice and grape juice flavors and go straight to Cranberry Juice. It is the least offending of the 4 choices. (grape, apple, orange or cranberry)


So now my yearly CT Scans look like this:
Brain
Neck (soft tissue)
Thorax (fancy word for Chest)
Abdomen
Pelvis

All of this over a spot that was less than 3 mm wide and 1.3 cm deep. CANCER is a nasty bastard, kids.

Here is hoping that this year's 2008 CT Scans are completely "UNREMARKABLE" because I love having the nickname N.E.D. (No Evidence of Disease) very much. I suits me just fine!

I'll let you know when I get the results. (probably not until later next week).

Hey, I'm not worried so don't you be, OK?

Life is GOOD! LiveSTRONG!

3 comments:

mlittle said...

Good luck! I know you'll pass your 'exams' with flying colors!!!

Hugs.

Melissa

Carver said...

Wishing you the best of luck. Can't wait to see you post those magic letters - N.E.D. Carver

bikeandbeer said...

are you doing the ride4melanoma on april 20? looks like a cool event. http://www.ride4melanoma.com/Registration.htm
i wanted to but am out of commission for a bit longer due to eye surgery.
N.E.D. it will be....
a.