Monday, January 05, 2009

May the wind be forever at your back Jim Owens

Cyclist Combatting Cancer saw a great loss this weekend.  Jim Owens (Jim'sJourney.com) passed away quietly Sunday morning after a 10-year battle with a rare brain cancer.  Jim was an amazing guy and I was very lucky to have had the chance to get to know him, meet him in person several times and to call him a team mate.  

Yesterday's 32 miles on the bike outside, I rode in his honor. Every tailwind that pushed me along made me smile and think of Jim Owens.  He is the kind of guy who brought "tailwinds" of encouragement wherever he went and and he touch so many lives.

See you on the other side of the next big climb, Jim.  Thanks for every moment you took to encourage me.  You will be greatly missed but never forgotten.

LiveSTRONG.

No comments: