Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Another LiveSTRONG Hero...


GO DENNY GO!

Denny finishing STRONG at the Capitol Crescent 5K - June 1, 2008

Thomas and Denny after the finish of their first 5K!


Denny gets a big hug after the Survivor Harbor 7-Miler in June 2009

As you know the Cancer to 5K program has been a blessing for me. After
dealing with cancer it has been great to have the support of a group
that does not sit around. I was not a runner when I joined the cancer
to 5K program and never thought I could run a 5k. Thanks to you Holly,
Arnetta, the support of the rest of the group and of course how patient
Coach Bob has been with me, I was able to finish a couple of 5Ks and
even a 7 mile race. But being able to finish the races is not the only
benefit. Running has also improved my tennis game. Therefore, for all
your support I am dedicating all my matches at my next tennis tournament
to the Cancer to 5K program. I will be playing singles and doubles at
the Capital Classic XVII, scheduled for the weekend of Sept 12.

I will be doing my best to win it for the Cancer to 5K. As with cancer,
"Let's Fight and Win".

Take care,
Denny

----------
From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU DENNY, for taking a chance and joining the CANCER to 5K Team...you know where I will be Saturday afternoon! Tennis Anyone?

GO DENNY GO!

No comments: