Thursday, July 21, 2005

There is a light at the end of the tunnel...

and it is not another train! That is the great expression my co-worker L. used today when she referred to my current state of things. I had just been telling her that for the first time in week, I actually feel like I leave work having accomplished something at the end of my day. I have been working about 6 hours a day for the past 3 weeks and my adjustment has been slow but steady. I hope to be back to full time by summer's end but it is slow going.

L.'s very enlightening (and witty) comment also gave me a moment to stop and realize just how far I have come since all of this started in February. It hasn't been easy but none of it has been impossible either. I'll take that as a blessing. So far, I have been able to handle it all, with the love, support and encouragement of Jim, my family, and the huge network of friends I am so lucky to have at home, work, across the country and across the internet.

My blood counts were dropping on Tuesday's check. Looks like I might get a day or two off from shots next week if the trend continues. A break in shots might give me a chance to recover a little more from the latest round of fatigue. And that could mean some quality workouts on the horizon!!

ENDORPHINS!! I miss them! I tried to find them today at the gym for about 25 minutes. No luck though, they just barely eluded me. If my new sneakers come in this weekend (Overstock.com - last year's model on sale!!!) then I will go out on the trails and continue to look for more endorphins. I know there are some out there for me!

5 comments:

nancytoby said...

Yay Holly!!

Can you bring your bike out next weekend? I hope so!! :-) You'll be glad you did! FLAT FLAT FLAT!

surferchickHG said...

HOLLY! I am so proud of you. You are doing so well and you are so strong!! I'm sorry we have been out of touch lately (phone tag, you're it!) but i want you to know that i am always thinking of you.....Monday is my day off, please call me when you have time, and hopefully i won't be in the water.....but if i am i will call you right back!!!
I love you always sister! Hang in there!!!!
LOVE HEATHER

TriFeist said...

Day by day, step by step, you are making it! Go HOLLY!

Sorry I don't have something more witty or inspirational to say but: you rock. Keep up the fight!

the flea said...

hi, my name is holly and i'm a ROCK STAR!

i am so inspired by you all the time. your attitude toward life and living it is something i truly idealize. i love you bunches! hope to see you before i move, but, if not...chicago is cool place visit!

Carol said...

We are so very proud of you. You know you can do this, so you will reach some hiccups along the way, but soon this will only be a memory.