Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The TO-DO List is Growing....

12 Days and Counting to Ironman and my "TO DO" list has begun.  There is a lot to pack, a lot to consider and a fair amount of work at the office - plus another 10 days of "TAPER" workouts to complete.

The workouts are not a problem except that in some cases, like yesterday, it seems nearly pointless to go on a Zone 2 - 40 minute bike ride.  You don't get very far in 40 minutes in Alexandria, VA on your bike with traffic - so I made sure that my actual "RIDE TIME" was 40 minutes - the workout itself ended up being about 50 minutes out of the house. (Thanks traffic lights on Rte 1!)  Got about 11 miles in and that is when I have to remind myself that there was a time just 4 years ago when I was happy to ride even 7.47 miles on my bike....

Reality Check Complete! Life is Good!  Keep Living STRONG while I work on my "TO DO" list for Ironman USA!

No comments: