Tuesday, November 15, 2005

TRI-ing a little harder...

Okay, I am back. No really after about 2 weeks of doing "everything else" and recovering from the Marine Corps Marathon, I am re-establishing "normal". I am back on my Interferon shots ( 5 MIU for now) and I have finally established a new fitness goal.

I struggled a little. A lot of people, including my Oncologist, have been asking me .. "What's Next?" and I really didn't have much of an answer for a few days. Oh my immediate answer was "I just ran a Marathon" that's enough for now!" but it never really is enough. I'd rather have a race to train for than just mindlessly go to the gym 5 days a week. That's just how I am ...

So the goal for Late Summer/Early Fall 2006 is going to be : Complete a 1/2 IronMan Triathlon

I have done this distance before, so I know I am capable of it AND it is a good stepping stone on the road back towards my ultimate goal of completing a full Ironman distance race by the time I am 40.

Races I am considering: Half Vermont Journey - August 27th, 2006 OR Oddessey Half Ironman - September 16th, 2006

Of course I am always open to suggestions! Any favorite Fall Half Ironmans out there that you wouldn't miss?

1 comment:

Nancy Toby said...

Chesapeakeman may offer a half this year, and if so, that would be perfect. Or... before everybody else suggests it, maybe Steelhead?? I'm halfway considering both, depends on the Chesapeakeman decision.