Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Always ready to support a good cause ...

Saving Babies, Together....

Every year, half a million babies in the U.S. are born prematurely. Premature birth is the leading cause of newborn death and many life long disabilities. The funds raised in WalkAmerica support research that saves babies' lives.



In April, my younger sister Heather and my darling nephew Rowen are walking (well truth be told, Rowen will be in a jog stroller) and raising money for the March of Dimes Foundation. Their fundraising goal is $250.00. Why not consider a donation, if you have an extra $10.00 available?

You can make a donation on their personal webpage HERE. Thanks for your support!

--------

The "BUTT" pain continues ... but has been identified as Piriformis Syndrome (AKA - A Pain in the Butt) so I have cut way back on my cycling and swimming and have not run in over 8 days. I am also stretching gently ALOT, specific stretches for this injury.

So far, so good ... in the last 24 hours since I started the specific stretches my pain has been cut in HALF! No kidding! I am hoping that this weekend I can go out and try an EASY ONE MILE run once I get a new pair of my running shoes of choice (Brooks Adrenaline GTS 6), which are NOW on the "Endangered Shoe" List!!

UGH! Couldn't they leave a shoe design alone for more than a year??? I guess I will have to go buy a few more pair before they are all gone.

Life is never dull ....in fact it is pretty good!! Live STRONG!

1 comment:

Dianne W. said...

New shoes fix lots of nasty stuff!