Sunday, May 22, 2005

One Week Finished

I wish this weekend had been everything I was hoping it would be: relaxing, calm, renewing...

It wasn't.

It was full of nausia, constipation and sheer disbelief. My disbelief, of course.

OKAY, Drama over ....

Really, this does suck and I am having a hard time actually putting it into words because just 3 days ago I was able to take a 4 mile walk in the morning and today I struggled with the 1 mile walk that Jim and I went on. And I was happy to go on that one mile walk because it was the first time I could drag my "sick to my stomach" butt out of the lying position since Saturday morning.

The good part of all of this : 5 DOWN and only 15 treatments to go!

I think it is highly ironic that it is the "drugs" they are giving me to make me feel better after the Interferon headaches (AKA Morphine) that are giving me the worst side effects (nausia and constipation). How ANYBODY can get addicted to this crap is beyond me....

GIVE ME ENDORPHINS ANY DAY!

A special shout-out to my good friend NANCY! She finished the Columbia Triathlon today! WAY TO GO NANCE!

5 comments:

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

AH! 15 days. You can make it. At least we don't have to worry about your future morphine addiction. No "Behind the Music" interviews on MTV for you. :)

:) said...

I am definitely pulling for you, Holly! You can do this...we all know it!!!

Nancy Toby said...

Thanks for the nice words, Holly! I missed you out there, honestly!! And so sorry to hear you're feeling poorly. Stool softener is your FRIEND! I can say in some small way I sort of know how that feels - when I was pregnant I went from being fairly active to suddenly flat on my back for an entire month. It was awful, but I got through it - and so will you!!!

kathlnc said...

Holly, I know you can do this. Remember, one day at a time. Don't worry about next week, just get through this day....the strength will be there for you when you need it.

There is a cloud of support and good wishes surrounding you. Feel it?

Tracy said...

AWESOME! You're going to be great! Everyone is rooting for you ;)