Monday, June 27, 2005

A run ::or something like it::

Obligatory Training Note:

I went out to run, to see just where I stand in terms of the next 18 weeks. As I was suspecting, I have some work to do!

The goal was 20-30 minutes of 3/1 intervals with the flexibility of walking when I needed too - acknowledging that I have not run in 8 weeks.

The workout: 39 minutes total - about 10 minutes of actual running

4 minute warm up walk
3 reps of 3/1 run/walk intervals
4 minute walk
1 reps of 1.5/2.5 run/walk intervals (I tried to resume ... but the body said "done")
15 minutes of walking (uphill) and recovery

Estimated mileage - 2 miles but not really sure...

Tomorrow I will head to the trail where there are mile markers and time a mile run using the 3/1 intervals to get an idea of what kind of pace I am working with. Then Coach Debi can help me establish a training plan. I'm less concerned with speed than I am with rebuilding my endurance and managing a mile pace that will bring me to the 14th Street Bridge before the SAG bus on October 31st.

I may not be fast but I am determined.
Sounds like "Living STRONG" to me!

1 comment:

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Baby steps. A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. You're stepping in the right direction.