Wednesday, December 14, 2005

My Personal 13.1....



Today is the official halfway point in my 48 weeks of Interferon Chemotherapy. 24 weeks and I am done!

•In "IRONMAN" terms I would be at Mile 56 of the Bike leg.
•In "Marathon" terms I would be at Mile 13.1.
•In "Cancer" terms, I have 7 months NED (No Evidence of Disease) since my second surgery in May 2005.

In terms of my Cancer adventures this year, I have had 2 surgeries, 18 days of high dose Interferon Chemo and I have given myself 72 Sub-Q Interferon shots and I have only 72 left!

Here is hoping that the last 72 go smoothly!

Living STRONG!

9 comments:

:) said...

Awesome Holly. You have done great so far and I expect nothing less for the second half!

Yay!!!

Bolder said...

THIS is what my post was all about today... no one can top this, or even try... but just be inspired.

You inspire me Holly. I'm just all choked up over here.

Live Strong!

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Yeah Baby! Go Holly, Go Holly, Go Holly!!!!

Steven said...

That is wonderful, Holly. Keep it up for the 2nd half and keep Living Strong.

Cliff said...

Go Holly Go....kick cancer in the groin :)

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Congrats! You truly are an inspiration!

the flea said...

i've said it before, i'll continue to say it...you are a rockstar. and you continue to be a HUGE inspiration to me to strive to be happy even in the rough times. i love you. maybe i'll get to see you when i'm in dc next (around new years?).
-mz

jeanne said...

That's fantastic! great meeting you tonight! The title of your blog is my inspiration!

Kim said...

You inspire me! Congratulations!