Wednesday, December 07, 2005

You SPIN me Round, Round ...


Last night I venture back to the gym with Jim. The winter training season is officially upon us and my tight work clothes are "WARNING" me that I am at my personal limit. A quick jump of the scale confirmed it. I could continue to bitch and moan and cry about how I have gained 20 pounds in the last 6 months but I'm not going to do that anymore.

Instead, I am going to do what I can to get back to my "pre-diagnosis" weight. I accept that I may not be able to do anything about the numbers on the scale but if I am "living as if" then eventually my body with catch up with me. I accept that a change in the scale might not happen for another 6 months but at least then I will know that is was something beyond my control.

Toostie Rolls don't qualify as "beyond my control" unfortunately.

So Jim and I headed to the gym and the local "SPINNING" class. For the un-familiar, SPINNING is 40 minutes of group exercise on stationary bikes with music pumping and a good spin instructor leading you on heart-pumping ride to nowhere.

Jim and I *LUV* to spin!!

Unfortunately for me, on my first time in class in 6 months, we had a substitute instructor who had NO RHYTHM at all! She was UP, she was DOWN, she was UP, she was SPRINTING ... Personally, I think that she must be hysterical to watch riding on a real road bike. I don't think this woman EVER spends any time in the saddle ... Perhaps she simply needs a new saddle?

After the first 15 minutes of her constant popping out the saddle to sprint, I simply chose to do my own thing and monitor my effort. I have enough years of SPIN classes to modify my workout as needed. So I still got a great 40 minute workout. I am looking forward to trying a different SPIN instructor on Thursday though. Anything has to be better then "Out of the Saddle" Sadie, the crazy spinning lady!

Living STRONG!

No comments: