Monday, March 19, 2007

A Weekend that ROCKED!

This weekend I drove down to VA Beach to meet up with my sister Heather who was planning to run the VA Beach Shamrock Half Marathon.

I watched my nephew Rowen while she did the run. It was her first *solo* half marathon effort with no other friends or family running with her so she was hoping for a 2:15. We got out to the finish line (it was cold and we had babies....) at around 2:04. We never saw her cross the finish ....we were keeping an eye out for her when she walks up to me, already wrapped in a mylar blanket with a medal around her neck and said "Sister ... LOOK!!" and shows me the chrono on her watch!!

1:59:31 !!!!!!!

Sub 2 HOURS!! WAHHOOO!!! She did AWESOME!

We jumped up and down like a bunch of schools kids, well Heather jumped, I just cheered!! After all, I was holding a sleeping nephew who simply insisted on falling asleep in his Aunt arms just 10 minutes earlier.

Did I mention that my Sister's ROCK? Both of them? Oh yeah... they do!!

Go HEATHER Go! RUN SISTER RUN!

Next race for Heather is a 5K next weekend and then we will run the Cooper River Bridge 10K together at the end of the month!

Hope you all have a good weekend! Monday is here so Live STRONG!

1 comment:

Nancy Toby said...

That's just sick fast. Does she have any idea how fast that is!!??