Thursday, June 01, 2006

2006 LIVESTRONG Challenge Philadelphia



It's official ... I'm registered to ride 70 miles on September 10, 2006, in Philadelphia with a team representing Cyclists Combating Cancer.

My fundraising goal is $5,000.

It’s been just 14 months since I got the diagnosis that changed my life. When I found out I had cancer, I was scared, angry, hurt and worried for my family and myself. As I experienced all of the treatments, the side effects, the ups and downs, more and more I wanted to fight. I did not want to let cancer take away my health, my hope, my life.

I am not alone. More than 10 million Americans are currently living with cancer. More than 1.3 million people in the U.S. will be diagnosed with cancer this year alone.

In honor of my battle with cancer, and for all of those millions of people in the same fight, I’m participating in the LIVESTRONG® Challenge Philadelphia in September.

The Lance Armstrong Foundation believes that in the battle with cancer, unity is strength, knowledge is power and attitude is everything. Founded in 1997 by cancer survivor and champion cyclist, Lance Armstrong, the LAF provides the practical information and tools people living with cancer need to live life on their own terms. Their mission is to inspire and empower people affected by cancer and they serve this mission through advocacy, public health and research programs.

Step up and Live STRONG out of your wallet this time, if you can ....

Click the button below to donate online or to print a donation form to mail.



For donations by mail and employer matching gifts, my participant ID to include on the form is 11040911.

Thanks so much!! Live STRONG!!!

No comments: