Friday, June 09, 2006

The results are back ......


and the CT Scans were NEGATIVE!!!

I am now officially "CANCER FREE" ....

YES! YES! YES!

----MY RACE CALENDAR IS FILLING----

Yesterday I commuted into work on my bike and the weather was darn near perfect. I covered 34 miles for the day (with an extra 10 miles on the ride home for good measure. As I rode home, I ran through my list of "things to do" and realized that this weeks marks 20 weeks until the Maine 1/2 Marathon with my youngest sister Cathy so I will be pulling out my running books this weekend and settling into a training plan.

A few weeks ago, while Jim and I were visiting, my friend Rochelle (Hey Roche!!) mentioned that she was planning to run the Stonewall Jackson Ambulance Run which falls the weekend after my half-marathon. Since have had a "DNF" (did not finish) in the innagural running of that race (it turned out to be a stress fracture in my foot) - I think that might be a great race to do. The training milage will give me a strong base for the 1/2 Marathon and it's a great course with a wonderful friend ... How can THAT be bad?

In just 2 weeks, Jim and I will be taking a week off of work to ride Bike Virginia. SInce we are at completely different paces this year, I will be spending much of the daily rides alone, unless you count the other 1,998 riders who are registered. I am looking forward to the trip and to the days of riding. I am also looking forward to buy one of this years jerseys. They are so cute!!!

Did you know that this weekend, Nancy will be tackling the Eagleman 70.3 Triathlon. It is her second time racing this distance AND a big milestone on her way to IRONMAN FLORIDA in November! GO NANCY GO!!!!!

So to recap: I'm CANCER-FREE, my race calendar is filling up and Nancy is going to ROCK the Eagleman Course!

Live STRONG and have a GREAT WEEKEND!

14 comments:

Schuyler said...

2 words: BOOO YAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

:) said...

YAY HOLLY!!!!! I couldn't be happier!

:) said...

[happy dance, happy dance] :)

TriZilla said...

Hee hee, Flatman! I feel the same way, Holly! I don't know you, but I've followed this sucker for a while - I'm so glad for you, and I absolutely cannot wait to see how this summer goes. You're going to be en fuego before too long! :-) CONGRATULATIONS!

Cliff said...

Holly CONGRATS>>WOOHOOO...

Nancy Toby said...

Thanks for the kind mention. And FABULOUS NEWS, of course!! And I love the jersey!!!! You're going to have to wear that to Le Tour some day - it's much cuter than those old polka dot jerseys any day!

Peter said...

Absolutely fabulous!

I am so pleased for you.

Just don't overdo it until you really build up again.

Peter

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

YEAH HOLLY!!!! This is fantastic news after your big fight with chemo. WOOHOO!!!

Bolder said...

you are OUR lance armstrong now!

take care.

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Congrats. That's a big reason to celebrate!!!

Lora said...

Oh YEAH!!!!!!!

Downhillnut said...

YAAAAAY Holly! Woohoo! Go forth, buy cool jerseys and RACE ON.

Habeela said...

Wow! That is fantastic! Congratulations!

jeanne said...

i'm late (again) to the party, but just wanted to say congratulations on such wonderful news!! Rock on!