Wednesday, August 02, 2006

HOT and Efficient

IT IS HOT OUT HERE!! Okay, so it was HOT out West and Central days before it came here to the East Coast but MY, MY, MY it sure is HOT! Code Red, Air quality HOT ... so if you are working out, stay in the gym!

I have been working on efficiency these past few days. I decided it would be much more efficient use of my time to "get a cold now" rather than wait until early Fall when I have alot of things going on. Really, I planned it this way. Honest...

Yeah, so being sick gives me a reason to stay off my torn calf muscle without remorse. I only have one regret....

Wallace (one of our two kittens) was seen sneezing this morning, several times. It appears I may have given him my cold. Now that would be awful.

The Doctor gave me some killer cough medicine and antibiotics (to be filled only *IF* the cold is not gone by weeks end) and in the mean time, my right calf is causing me no pain so it looks like once I can get this "goop" out of my lungs, I am free to get back on the bike and out on the trails.

So I figure a cold NOW, in the middle of summer EQUALS No Colds all winter long!!! Fingers Crossed...

Keep Living STRONG!!

5 comments:

Spandex King said...

We are getting a break in the Midwest. Kinda funny if you read blogs you could follow the heat wave as it moved west to east. Take care and keep LivingStrong!!

:) said...

Get better, Holly! Hope the calf is feeling great...

I see no break in the heat. :(

Bolder said...

*crosses fingers*

Carver said...

Hi Holly,

I'm a fellow MPIP er and I haven't been to your blog in a while so I was flipping through it to see how you were doing after INTRON. I came across your line a few entries ago, "I would rather Lick the pavement than go any Doctors ....."

I may have to borrow that line as it sums up my attitude quite well, particularly as I keep seeing the docs. I hope your cold will be the last one you get for a long time.

Cheers, Carver

Steven said...

Like Bolder, I'm crossing my fingers for you too. And for your heat wave to let up.