Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Sisters ....

Gannoe Girls - Sleepy on Christmas Eve, 2004 (Mom, Heather, Cathy, Holly)

I drove to and from Maine this weekend to visit my youngest sister Cathy and deliver some furniture that she could use. While it was a "short visit" with more driving than actual visiting, it was wonderful all the same! Cathy and Norm have a cute little apartment in Old Town, ME and an adorable kitty named "Moo" who is the most wonderful lap cat ever. I wanted to clone her but Cathy discouraged that. :)

I told Cathy that Heather and I were trying to find another "Sister" event that might suit all of us better, since Cathy is not a big fan of running. She suggested that maybe we could do the Covered Bridges 1/2 Marathon in Queechee, VT this June 06 since it is close to Mom and Dad. You could have knocked me over with a feather since Cathy said "No more 1/2 Marathons, I have done one" not long after Myrtle Beach last year... Surprise Surprise...

Cathy doesn't have a BLOG but my other sister Heather does. I go there occasionally to see if she has updated or posted and I found this today!

"let your waves crash down on me and take me away...."

I'm a surf addict. I can't stand to be away from the ocean. But I also live on the east coast where winters are far from warm and forgiving. I have been searching for a hobby to help me survive the boredom until next spring. Recently, my older sister has introduced me to the wonderful world of running , and being the adrenaline junkie that i am, i've decided a 26.2 mile race is what i want. This blog will be my story, as winter nears, and training for my first marathon begins...

YEAH! GO HEATHER GO! RUN SISTER RUN!!

When she posts her first entry and starts her training I will let you all know! I think she is considering the Myrtle Beach Marathon in February 2006. I have promised her that I will be there! Will I be running? We haven't gotten that far in negotiations yet ... I will at least run 1/2 of the race with her!

Two weeks until the Marine Corps Marathon. My coach has started a gentle taper and this weekend I will be hiking 7 miles at Old Rag with Jim and friends to celebrate his 43rd Birthday instead of a long run. I think based on the challenge of the hike, it will be equivalent.

I guess since it is a work day, I should be getting back to work .... Hope everybody had a great weekend!

2 comments:

Cliff said...

taper...woohoo..time to be lazy.i mean rest. :)

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Oooh!! Do the Covered Bridges run!!!

I've run it several times and I just love it! My times have never been very good because like an idiot I always go hike Mt Ascutney the day before, but then, one would be a fool to run Covered Bridges for anything but the scenery and experience.

Go do CBHM for meeeeee!!!!!